"Time played" is negative

On the “More stats” page, “Time played” is negative (-5022:0-44:0-53):

This is the web version (Firefox/Windows 11).

3 Likes

I still see the problem in Russian though not in Hebrew (where the total amount of time I’ve played is lower).

Russian:

Hebrew:

1 Like

@mike: A year and a half after I reported the problem, this is still broken. You can see the problem in Russian, where I’ve played for a longer time:

but not in Hebrew, where I’ve played for a shorter period of time:

time_still_ok_in_Hebrew

If the time played is proportional to the number of sentences played, then based on the figures for Hebrew, I would expect the number of hours I’ve played in Russian to be about 900. So the display seems to break down somewhere between 120 and 900 hours.

2 Likes

Time calculation seems to be borked in a number of places in Clozemaster. The fact that you haven’t had even a basic reply in a year and a half makes me (oddly) feel (slightly) less bad that nobody has bothered looking at this issue in Italian which I reported 5 months ago.

But wait, there’s more!

I always look forward to getting the weekly Clozemaster progress report e-mail which shows me just how FAR it is possible to distort, warp, and cause great damage to the temporal dimensions without actually breaking the space time continuum. Like this:

So, if it was an increase of 20%, thennnnn… 10:13:31 is 120% of last week so I should have played a ballpark 8ish hours the previous week, so 8+6 hours equals… oh, wait, that can’t be right. Let me look at it the other way.

If I played “about 6 hours more”, then the previous week should have been about 4:13, and if I add 20% to THAT, then I come up with… well, it just isn’t 10 hours now, is it?

Still, I’d love it if that kind of maths could be applied to my income.

Edit: Just for reference, what did the previous week’s e-mail show my time as being? 04:31:17. So the “about 6 hours” bit was right, but the percent was wrong? Yyyyeeeaaah… except that if we look at the deltas from the previous week’s e-mail, they show +32.5% or “+ about 7 hours”. My time the previous week was 4 and a half hours. And that is 7 hours more than the week before that. So the week before that must have been minus thre… HEY, I FINALLY HAVE THAT TIME MACHINE THAT I’VE ALWAYS WANTED! I’m going to go back to 2002, trade shares relentlessly, get rich, and have a team of German grammarians come to my mansion after dinner every night to re-explain to me the case system in German!

3 Likes

The problem has been fixed. See Is "Time Played" buggy for everyone or just me?.

1 Like