"Piantàtela!" (Cut it out!)

Grazie Carla. I was so tempted to accentuate the e, and then I listened again. This handy phrase has popped up several times in Niccolò Ammaniti’s “Io non ho paura” so now I can pronounce it properly. (Great book, incidentally).

3 Likes

I agree. The book and the movie. The child actors are amazing and the cinematography is superb. A beautiful masterpiece that left me with some very mixed feelings.

2 Likes

Ciao. I have only seen a few clips of the film (many moons ago) but absolutely loved the book. Perhaps now I’ll watch the film.

Michele really touched my heart, I wanted to protect him, and yes, very mixed feelings. Going to read “Io e te” very soon, again by Niccolò M.

3 Likes

It’s the reverse for me, I only ever saw the film (many moons ago indeed), and am completely agreed with @barcarolle regarding it. Perhaps I should give the book a go, now that I should finally be able to read it in Italian.

2 Likes

I love film but there’s something magical about reading the words of a writer who can make you feel you’re right there, with sounds and smells, and hold you in suspense. Nicolò’s knack of understanding children and “grownups” I found very moving.

Now to watch Michele in a few YouTube clips;-)

1 Like