Number of reviews not always visible on Android

I have version 2.9.1 for Android. Under “Fluency Fast Track” I see 4 buttons:

Download
Revie…
Manage
More

The number of reviews (even the word “Review”) is cut off here, though that information is available elsewhere. In fact, I can see it here if I turn my phone sideways, in which case I see “Review (683).”

1 Like

You can also see the number of reviews by dragging the display to the left until the number appears on the right. I know that’s not ideal, but it works.

This may be a problem with small displays rather than Android. I don’t know because my Android devices are both small.

2 Likes

Indeed, it is a problem with small displays rather than Android. I’ve reproduced it on Windows by making the window narrow.

2 Likes

How are you dragging the display to the left on Android, exactly? I didn’t see how to do it.

1 Like

I’d say that if you make the window too narrow on Windows, it’s user error. But on Android, it’s a bug.

1 Like

Assuming you’re using a touch screen, put your finger on some part of the display that is not a button, but is contained in a box, like the “Round Results”. Then drag it to the left.

1 Like

Not all Windows devices have a wide screen, and in any case, a user may want to make one window narrow so others can be seen at the same time.

1 Like

[quote=“alanf, post:6, topic:35983, full:true”]Assuming you’re using a touch screen, put your finger on some part of the display that is not a button, but is contained in a box, like the “Round Results”. Then drag it to the left.
[/quote]

I’m using the Android app on my phone. I see “Round Results” in a box in this pic, but I guess that’s a slightly older version, because I don’t see that in the app. And I didn’t find any place where you can touch and drag it to the left. Which is fine, I was just curious.

(Sorry for bungling the quote)

Were you at the end of a round that you had reviewed? Otherwise, you wouldn’t see that dialog box. But it still looks pretty much the way it did in that picture. You should be able to just touch anywhere in that box that is not a button (for instance, a blank spot) and drag it to the left.

1 Like

After a review round, I see something different from the picture:

ROUND COMPLETE!

[DASHBOARD] [REVIEW 1317 >]

Results

Score +12
Time 0:06
New 0
Review 1
Correct 1
Incorrect 0

etc.

It doesn’t say “ROUND RESULTS,” and there’s no box. I tried dragging everything, and nothing moves. But there’s no need to drag anything here–all information, including the number of reviews, is visible.

It dawned on me that you’re playing the app, while I use the web interface everywhere (including on Android). This is what the web interface looks like to me:

This is actually in Firefox on a Windows machine (where it’s easier for me to take screenshots and write posts to the forum), but it looks the same on Android. The number of remaining sentences, in parentheses, is to the right of the section circled in yellow. The area where I can place my finger and drag to the left on Android is circled in red. When I drag, the part of the box to the right of the “Continue” button that shows the full count comes into view.

This screenshot is for Russian from English, but it looks the same for the other language pairs I play.

The count of remaining sentences to review is an important piece of information, arguably more important than some of the other stats shown, so I think it should always be visible even when the window has been squeezed to its minimum width. This could be done by making the “Dashboard” and “Continue” buttons taller (either dynamically, when the window reaches a particular width, or permanently) or by putting the count somewhere else on the screen.

[details=“English Translation”]I know how it feels.[/details] A question about the grammar: Why isn’t this “Lo so come si sente.” ?

Did you mean to post this in a different forum?

Since this wasn’t posted under the sentence, what was the actual provided translation?

Lo so come sente?

If so, I guess it seems sentences shorter than x characters still get added to random other (non-)sentence discussions @alanf_us, as has been signalled previously (e.g. here, though it seems I’ve never flagged an official Bug Report for it [Edit: I’ve now done so here]).

As for the grammar question: I would expect “Lo so come si sente” to correspond to “I know how he/she feels” or likely also for ‘formal you’ “I know how [formal] you feel”.

In Dutch (and likely German and some other languages), sentirsi (“zich voelen”) is similarly reflexive, distinguishing:

Ik weet hoe het voelt - I know how it feels

Ik weet hoe hij/zij zich voelt - I know how he/she feels

Ik weet hoe u zich voelt - I know how [formal] you feel

1 Like