New Fast Track Tracker

We’ve created a set of 10,000 sentences for a new version of the Fast Track that will be playable in collections of 1,000 sentences each. Read more on the approach and rationale here (the existing Fast Track will stay the same, just renamed to Legacy Fast Track).

We’re in the process of having human translations completed for the languages below. We’ll update this post as we progress on these languages and start on new languages, and we’ll add comments so you can be notified if you select “Watching” below.

:cn: Chinese
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :rocket:

:de: German
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :rocket:

:india: Hindi

:it: Italian

:jp: Japanese

:kr: Korean

:serbia: Serbian

:es: Spanish

:thailand: Thai

:wales: Welsh

Brazilian Portuguese
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Cantonese
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Dutch
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

French
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Persian
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Turkish
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Ukrainian
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

14 Likes

Korean +10%
Thai +10%

2 Likes

Love all the work you put into this site, Mike!

3 Likes

updated russian track when? thanks!

Korean +10%
Chinese +20%
Persian +10%

@BIG_JEFF Russian is still TBD.

2 Likes

I am just about finished with the Cantonese Fluency Fast Track and came here because I wasn’t sure what to do next. The Most Common Words collections seem to have a lot of redundancy with the Fluency Fast Track without an easy way to filter so this didn’t seem like an ideal progression from the Fluency Fast Track.

Perfect timing to see that the New Fast Track is on the way. It is so hard to find solid learning resources for Cantonese compared to Mandarin. Thank you so much for working on Cantonese support.

2 Likes

Cantonese +20%
Persian +10%

1 Like

Would love to see Latin and Greek in this list at some point.
Thanks for your work.

2 Likes

Korean is available! :rocket: :raised_hands:

Chinese +20%

2 Likes

Seeing that you have English from Spanish up and running, have you considered creating the reverse Spanish from English new FFT from the same material?

2 Likes

Thank you, Mr. Mike! BTW, these new tracks will be available only for English speakers? Because I much would like to do it in Portuguese, in order for learn English.

1 Like

Thanks for the awesome work on these collections! I am doing the Spanish one. I really like the generated images being integrated into the background while going through the sentences. That is a great touch.

3 Likes

Welcome and Happy Clozing!

1 Like

I’m noticing a bug with that feature enabled, in that the background isn’t properly cleared when the next cloze doesn’t have an image, making the text really difficult to read. @mike

3 Likes

Hello Mike

I was wondering if we could get some stats on the content of the new fast track.

I’m doing the Japanese new fast track now and would love to know how many unique kanji are in all the sentences, how many unique vocab included(not just he closes) Stats like that.

@CrimsonGrass2492
As I reported here, the new Japanese FFT failed in proper lemmatization. Clozemaster cannot calculate meaningful stats in the first place.

I don’t see how this prevents someone from scraping the sentence database from the new fast track and analysing how many unique kanji are included, what coverage of the joyo kanji this is, how many unique vocab are included in the sentences and maybe even breaking this down by level so you can see what vocab/kanji coverage you’re getting as you ‘level up’.

1 Like

Would it be possible to have a page that shows the progress toward the new Fast Track for each language, whether that progress is 0%, 100%, something in between, or “not planned”? That would be more useful than the current presentation of that information in this thread. Even if you provide this information as a single post (periodically updated) within a single thread, rather than a devoted page somewhere in the site map, that would be a big improvement over the current thread, where people need to conduct searches backwards until they find the most recent news for the languages they’re looking for.

I see that the new Fast Track is here for German! I hope it will arrive soon for the other languages I’m studying (Russian, Hebrew, and French).

7 Likes

Is there any update on the Serbian track?

1 Like