'Guessing' the correct form?

Hey,

I’m relatively new to Clozemaster, I’ve been practising every day for the last month or so.
There’s just one thing that annoying me (more and more), I’m wondering it’s just me?

How are you supposed to now for some (lots actually) of sentences if it’s formal/informal, male/female, …
For example:
Si è […] male?
Did you hurt yourself?

How should I know they expect ‘fatta’ and not ‘fatto’? You can’t know that from the given exercise.

I’ve been putting hints everywhere now (‘female form’, ‘formal form’, …) but it’s kind of stupid honestly.

[edit]
Also, for example, the correct answer is ‘sono stata in casa’ and then they use a male voice…

I don’t think it’s stupid: it’s actually my recommended approach. Clozemaster uses sentences from Tatoeba and doesn’t have the manpower to tag each cloze in every collection with the required information, and the tools for language processing are not yet accurate enough to automate the process.

As an alternative, you can add alternative answers yourself where required. That can be a good exercise. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad to see it’s not just me misunderstanding how CM works :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought about adding alternative answers, but I was a bit afraid that for some exercises I might just add the wrong answer and learn it incorrectly.
For example, I keep struggling with ‘e poi’, ‘e quindi’, ‘e allora’, …
Don’t want to add those as alternatives since I’m not sure if they have the same meaning.

1 Like