Cannot edit the notes and translation section

I took a note about an improper sentence in the 50K Most Common Words Collection in Indonesian, and then reported the error to Clozemaster. The sentence and its translation were corrected by the admin. So, I tried to remove the personal note during playing the 50K MCWC. But the note is like a zombie. I deleted it, pushed the “save” button, and the same note returned over and over…

Image 1: Sentence update email notification (Oct. 2, 2022)

Image 2: Playing the 50K MCWC today (Dec. 19, 2023)

Image 3: Deleted the personal note and pushed the “save” button

Image 4: A message “successfully saved!” popped up but the note is still there

ETA: I cannot edit the translation section as well. Here is another error case from the Indonesian 50K MCWC.

Image 5: Sentence update email notification (Oct. 2, 2022)

Image 6: Playing the 50K MCWC today (Dec. 19, 2023)

Image 7: Deleted the personal note and pushed the “save” button

Image 8: A message “successfully saved!” popped up but the note is still there

Image 9: Pushed the “edit” button and tried to change the translation section from my own to the new Clozemaster admin’s version (this time, I didn’t delete the Notes section)

Image 10: Edited the translation and pushed the “save” button

Image 11: A message “successfully saved!” popped up but the translation isn’t updated

1 Like

I have this exact same bug.

After someone else reported the sentence and had it fixed, my personal note became obsolete, but I cannot delete my own note because, as @MsFixer describes, it always keeps coming back.

It’s Quiero que vaya él.

2 Likes

Today, I found that I have the same edit “Zombie” error not only in the Most Common Words Collections modified by the admin, but also in my personal collections. So this glitch isn’t probably triggered by the modification by the admin.

@davidculley Could you kindly tell us in which collection you had the same Zombie?

Image 1: Reviewing my personal collection
I had accidentally added a hint, whose content should have been in the notes section.
I am very sure that I cut and pasted (i.e. relocated) the content from the hint to the notes section when the first time I found my mistake. However, the edit wasn’t properly saved. The same content was duplicated in both the hint and the notes sections.

Image 2: Reediting the hint section
I removed the hint and saved.

Image 3: Sentence search
I searched the target sentence in my personal collection to make sure the reedit saved successfully. But the hint is still there and duplicated.

Image 4: Back to the on-going review page

I double-checked the edit from the on-going review page as well.

Image 5: Edit not saved

The hint is still there and duplicated. I cannot edit my personal collections…

It was the 500 most common words collection in the “Spanish from English” track.

1 Like

I can create new notes in both languages that I’m playing, but I can only edit them in one. In the other, the notes and hints are frozen once they are made. (There are other behavioral differences between them as well.) The buggy one is Russian from Spanish.

edit: I only mentioned those two fields because I don’t use the others. I assume they are all bugged.

2 Likes

Thank you @davidculley and @keiths22 for additional inputs.

Today, I encounter another glitch with the usual “Oh No!” error message.

Image 1: Tried to add some words in the Notes for the Japanese from English course

Image 2: The “Oh No!” error message popped up.

Image 3: Pushed the “Cancel” button but the added words seem to be saved.

Image 4: Reload the search page, and the added words are not saved, actually…

Very strange behavior…
Maybe I exceeded the maximum number of characters for the Notes, which is set 200 chars. But the “Oh No!” error message doesn’t specify the reason. And it shouldn’t fake the edit successfully saved.

2 Likes