Where are the hard normal and easy buttons?

Hello,

I cannot find hard normal and easy buttons after answering already mastered cloze. See the picture below. I set up my mastered interval to 90 days and chose the ever increasing interval option and after answering already mastered cloze it still shows another 90 days on the picture. Where I can enable these buttons to increase or decrease the interval?

Thanks

Thanks for the post! They don’t exist in the mobile app. The best alternative is to tap the button with the clock icon and increment/decrement the next review interval there.

New design work in progress to have Hard/Normal/Easy always available.

Feedback always welcome!

Thanks for the info. I will look forward to have it on the cellphone.

1 Like

Any broad sense when this change might become available in the iOS app?

I ask because without the increasing interval, I know my current study plan will be unsustainable.

1 Like

Broadly: 3-6 months if all goes well, longer if not. If you tap the button with a clock icon after answering, you can use the up/down arrow buttons to achieve the same effect in the existing version.

I’m sorry to see, you already said you would launch it for the app more than two years ago … Buttons for mastered sentences on app

Right, we did, they’re the up/down arrows I mentioned. Same effect, different labels. The current design is only just ok, changing it to explicit Hard/Default/Easy design mentioned above will hopefully make it clearer. Do you have something else in mind?

Thanks for the answer. Sadly the narrows on the app are not working the same way as the Hard/Default/Easy buttons on the site. On the site it’s working correctly, but if I take your example above for the app, the next review won’t be in 20 days, it will be in 10+20 days …

If the buttons are working on the iPhone as they do on Android, I can understand your difficulties. I’ve found it very hard to find the right combination of doubling and halving the interval to arrive even near my desired target.

Oh, and how did you do please ? :slight_smile:

I’ve forgotten. :wink: Maybe by halving the interval a couple of times first, then doubling that. :slight_smile:

Oh okay, I’m doing the same, Im doubling, halving, doubling and halving again, to have ALMOST what I want :joy: nightmarish for each word !

1 Like

@morbrorper @SnowyFog601 thanks for all this, helpful to know as we work to design and implement updates to this feature.

2 Likes

Hello, can you please answer my email :slight_smile: Thanks a lot !!! :hugs:

Great news! Cannot wait!

I am having the same problem on my computer–I can’t find the hard, etc. buttons. I am a Pro user, but have only recently become active on the site, so I am still learning my way around. I am signed in on my laptop, with edge as the browser and Windows 11 as an operating system, and cannot find the buttons anywhere. Also, when I am 75% mastered, it is showing me the sentence again after 15 -16 days, rather than the 30 days that my interval selection specifies. (I am using the default settings.) Am I doing something wrong?

Hi. When you click on Review or the exercise you choose, you should see Skill, Count and Mode by gradually scrolling down. Hope this helps.

No. :blush: You’re either using the app as intended, or it’s a bug. In neither case are you doing something wrong.

The buttons will show only if the sentence had 4 green checkmarks before you answered it.

If you transition a sentence from 3 to 4 green checkmarks, the buttons won’t yet show in that same iteration. With default settings, you have to wait 180 more days before the buttons show up. In other words, you have to have answered the sentence correctly 5 times in a row to see them. See also @LuciusVorenusX’s answer.

My guess is that you’ve correctly answered the sentence only 4 times in a row.

Edit: Seeing Mike’s answer, I should have mentioned that you first need to activate this option if you haven’t yet. It isn’t enabled by default. I assumed that you have the option enabled, and still don’t see the buttons. I confused you with someone else and that person had the option definitely enabled, so (mistaking you for that other person) I assumed you have the option enabled. (There have been to many threads about the hard/easy buttons not showing up during the last few weeks. :sweat_smile:)

1 Like

I, and others, have repeatedly asked for these buttons to come already when going from 75 to 100 percent.

Now, if you want the buttons to show up earlier, you can use the following work-around:

1. deliberately fail the cloze
  2. press the check mark, to set it to “100% mastered”
  3. press Next to move on
  4. give the right answer when the cloze comes up again

My problem using this method is that I often forget myself and answer correctly where I should have failed. It also skews the statistics.

2 Likes

@BambergWein sorry for the confusion!

Please be sure they’re turned on in your review settings via the Dashboard.

Where are you seeing that it’s after 15-16 days / how do you know? That’ll help figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!

2 Likes