Too many glitches in the Radio mode

The Radio mode (automatically read out sentence pairs) is one of my favorite mobile features that I would recommend fellow learners :smile: But the following glitches and lack of functionality discourage me to do so.

1. The forward/backward/pause buttons don’t play the next/previous/current sentence pair properly

Note: My Radio setting is sentence in TL x2 + Translation x1.

Suppose that:

• The first pair: “Ini apel” and “This is an apple”

• The second pair: “Saya suka stroberi” and “I like strawberries”

• The third pair: “Kamu punya pulpen” and “You have a pen”

CASE 1

“Ini apel” → “Ini…” and then tap the forward button → “Saya suka stroberi” x 1 → “I like strawberries” → “Kamu punya pulpen” x 2 → “You have a pen”.

The second “stroberi” sentence in TL should be read out twice.

CASE 2

“Ini apel” → “Ini apel”, and then tap the forward button → “I like strawberries” → “Kamu punya pulpen” x 2 → “You have a pen”.

The second “stroberi” sentence in TL is not read out at all.

CASE 3

“Ini apel” → “Ini apel” → “This…” and then tap the forward button → “Saya suka stroberi” x 1 → “I like strawberries” → “Kamu punya pulpen” x 2 → “You have a pen”.

Similar to CASE 1, the second sentence in TL should be read out twice.

CASE 4

… “Saya suka stroberi” → “Saya suka…”, and then tap the backward button → “Ini apel” x 1 → “This is an apple”.

The backward button has the similar issue.

CASE 5

“Saya suka stroberi” x 2 → “I like strawberries” → “Kamu punya…”, and then tap the backward button → “I like strawberries”

The second sentence in TL should be read out twice.

CASE 6

“Ini apel” → “Ini apel”, and then tap the pause button and the resume button → “Ini apel” x 2 → “This is an apple”.

The pause/resume buttons roll back to the beginning.

CASE 7

“Ini apel” x 2, and then tap the forward button → “Saya suka stroberi” x 1, and again tap the forward button → “Kamu punya pulpen”, and the tap the backward button → “Kamu punya pulpen” x1.

The forward button skips repetition. And the backward button should bring me back to the second “stroberi” sentence, not to the third “pulpen” one.

CASE 8

“Ini apel” → “Ini…” and then tap the pause button, launch another app (e.g. Notepad) and return to Clozemaster → The screen is frozen (remains in the “apel/apple” pair on screen) but the Radio keeps reading out the next pairs.

The cancel button on the upper left side doesn’t work, so I have no choice but kill the app process.

1. Random selection of sentences

I set the Radio mode to play “all sentences” (not “only sentences I’ve played”). If the collection has 50 sentence pairs and I am in the Radio mode, the first 50 pairs read out by the app should be all of the 50 pairs in the collection. But the Radio mode reads out some pairs twice or three times while some pairs are not read out at all. Please make it read out all sentences equally.

1. Note section

This is not a glitch, but I want an option in the setting to display the content in the note section on screen in the Radio mode. The Radio mode is quite useful especially to memorize difficult sentences or newly introduced one. So, I need my personal cheat sheets I have already made and display them in the Radio mode. I believe it’s technically easy to implement it.

2 Likes