The "Selected" dialog only shows one word at a time

Trying out the May 19 update (version 4.3), I notice that the dialog that appears when you click on a word in a sentence now comes up with only one word, the one you clicked on.

In the older version, I think the dialog used to come up with the whole sentence, so one could select the whole sentence and send it to Google Translate or Tatoeba, etc. That is no longer possible, it seems, which is a great inconvenience to me. My use case is that when I find a weird sentence I will go to Tatoeba to investigate, and that has now become a lot more difficult.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! For which language pairing are you referring to?

1 Like

I see it with all my languages parings, actually. Danish from Spanish is one, French from English is another.

But your question makes me think I have not described the problem successfully. The thing is, after answering a cloze, I used to be able to select the whole sentence, or parts of a sentence, and the dialog would open on my selection; now the dialog opens on one single word only.

1 Like

Looks a lot better in version 2.5.4! There is a glitch though: As soon I begin a selection, the keyboard pops up and cancels the selection so I have to start over again. No biggie, but a distraction.

Anyway, thanks for the quick fix! This makes my workflow so much easier.

1 Like