Suppress the initial flash of the cloze word

For the first fraction of a second (maybe a tenth of a second, maybe less) that a sentence is displayed, the cloze is filled in. Then it disappears. This ruins the value of the test because the answer has already been provided. I’ve had to learn to look away or close my eyes, which should not be necessary.

1 Like

Thanks for the bug report! What browser and operating system are you using?

This happens on both Chrome on Android, and Firefox on Windows.

Is there any progress on this? Have you tried to reproduce it? I would estimate I see it 20% of the time. It’s frustrating to have the UI tell me the answer before I have a chance to guess it.

In addition to happening in Chrome on Android, and in Firefox on Windows, it occurs in the app on Android.

Yeah, I can confirm I experience this in the Android app as well, on Android 7. I don’t seem to run into it on Firefox on Linux.

How often do you see it?

I did a little digging and it seems that it only occurs when using the dark theme. Since the text appears white, it obviously blends into the background and that’s why I only notice it in the dark theme.

Good catch! Indeed, I was using the dark theme, and when I switched to the light theme, I stopped seeing the problem. However, I hope it is fixed soon because I prefer the dark theme (easier on my eyes and batteries).

Good catch indeed - thanks @ananaso! Update 2.5.4 for Android should include a fix. Please let me know if you’re still seeing the issue there. Still working on reproducing for the web version, will keep you posted.

1 Like

Many thanks for the fix! I downloaded the latest version of the app. If I see the problem again, I’ll let you know.

Thanks,
Alan

1 Like