Review Errors & Improvements

Hello,

Here are a few situations I’ve come across while reviewing sentences.

Note: All of these situations happened in Turkish from English.

1. While reviewing my cloze collections, the first sentence in the review session appears to have an error.

1. After displaying the correct answer, the input box is not resizing in order to show the full word.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know! We added a potential fix. Could you please try again and let us know if you’re still getting the error message?

1 Like

It appears to be fixed, the popup error no longer shows up.

Today I came across a different bug, also related to reviewing cloze collections:

Given a cloze collection of let’s say, 7 sentences. When I pick to review 10 sentences per round, it reviews only 2 sentences and the round ends.

1 Like

This error where the round ends with only two sentences played is still happening. I’m not sure what triggers this, but it happened today again. The collection was also created today.

More info, in case it helps to spot the problem:

• The cloze collection contains 65 sentences.
  • I picked to review 10 sentences, text input.
  • Got the first answer correct, the second one I made a mistake.
  • Reviewed correctly the sentence that I had previously gotten wrong.
  • Round completed
1 Like

Thanks for additional info! I was able to reproduce and am working on a fix. Will keep you posted!

1 Like

Hello @punk! We pushed up a potential fix - are you still seeing this issue? If so for which collections, playing offline or online (if playing on the mobile app), and what play settings (count, and vocab or listening)? Thanks!

1 Like

The issue did not go away just yet.

It happens in both the Android app and on the Web.

Here’s a printscreen of the options I typically choose…

One of the cloze collections where this happens is one called “As soon as…”, however, the issue is not exclusive to this cloze collection.

1 Like

I might have found the problem… maybe.

When adding sentences for the cloze collections, there’s now this checkbox to set them Ready for Review… And since it’s checked by default, I kept it on for all sentences when creating my most recent Cloze Collections…

So… I had this theory of creating 2 identical cloze collections, with the only difference being whether the checkbox is checked or unchecked.

Result: Only the collection with all sentences “Set Ready for Review” turned On has this bug of only allowing me to play 2 sentences.

Hope this helps fix the issue.

1 Like

Ok, this is helpful, thanks! And just to confirm:

• from your Dashboard you hit the blue review button
  • it says you have 20 ready to review for this collection
  • you hit “Review” for this collection
  • choose the play options like you posted above (Vocab, 10 per round, Text Inpu)
  • click “Go”
  • at the top in the gray bar where it says “To Go”, does it say 10, or just 2?
  • you play two sentences (does it matter whether correct or incorrect? above you mentioned the second incorrect)
  • you hit the “Next” button after the second sentence and now you’re on the Round Results

Does that right? Thanks for your help and patience, having some trouble reproducing the issue.

1 Like

I tried the steps you described, and got 10 sentences to review.

So the problem seems to be exclusive to playing, not reviewing.

1 Like

Ah ha! Got it - thanks! It looks like you have your max reviews per round set to 2 in your review settings - so when playing new sentences it loads up the max 2 ready for review, and then in this case, since they’re all ready for review, there are no more sentences, so you only get 2 total.

It seems like a better option would be to take the max ready for review, add in new sentences, and if there aren’t enough, then check if there are more ready for review, and if not then start picking from sentences that will be ready for review the soonest.

The downside of the latter is that you might end up playing sentences before they’re ready for review, which are worth fewer points, without knowing. The upside is that when you hit play, there should always be sentences available.

Will most likely go with this change/fix. Curious to hear what you think! Thanks again!

1 Like

Oh, never thought of that! Haven’t messed around with that setting in a very long time.

The approach you just described sounds good.

1 Like

Ok should be all set - please let us know if you’re still getting the round with only 2 sentences and thanks again for your help debugging!

1 Like

The issue is still there. For example, I created a collection named “Ne gerekiyorsa”, with 20 sentences, all set Ready to Review. If I try to play this collection, I only get 7 sentences (which is the value I have currently set for max reviews per round).

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know!

Is this by any chance once downloaded on the mobile app? Or not downloaded / on the web?

1 Like

It was not downloaded, and this happens both on web and on the Android app.

1 Like