Request - Settings Cog for Leaderboards

I see that there is now a settings cog for the “Streak” box on the new dashboard so that a player can change this to “Days Played”.

I would like to request that a similar settings cog be added to the Leaderboards box, so that a player could set a default view for when the leaderboard pane opens. For example, someone could set the defaults to be “Following / This Month / Time Played” and this would be the first view that they would see when clicking the “Leaderboard” button (they could then still change the view within the pane to see other views if they so wished).

I very rarely check the leaderboards, but when I do I have no interest in the points system. I check to see time played, sentences played etc. I note that other people have said that they too are often interested in other metrics -
e.g. @LuciusVorenusX Leaderboard Slow to Load - #4 by LuciusVorenusX

Now, I also note with an interest, that there was once someone called @mike (mmmm, that name seems familiar :joy:), who posted the following -
Post: Proposed changes to the points system and leaderboards

So this @mike person appears to have made an outstanding suggestion (in December 2020) on this topic, and hinted that this was something being considered. I wonder if we could in some way possibly get back in contact with this @mike character and see if any progress could be made on this concept :grin:

P.S. Regarding the Streaks settings and cog allowing this to be changed to Days Played (and I also see that this then propagates to the drop-down language pairing menu so that Streak is replaced with Days Played) - I personally think that this is a fantastic addition given the requests on this forum and Reddit regarding allowing people to remove streak information from their playing experience. So :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes