Mastering a shared collection in just one day

I don’t know whether it’s a bug or a feature, but I find that playing a shared collection does not respect the review dates, so it seems possible to go from 0 to 100% mastered in just one day.

I discovered this playing Ce, ne, ci + other tricky bits! 1/2; in the second session I was presented with sentences I had seen in the previous session.

I have checked and seen that the next-review dates are set properly in the future, yet sentences come up for review on the same day.

Hi Morbrorper. As this was my first attempt, do you think it could be something I should have altered while “creating”? Let me know if so. Have a good Sunday… F.

Ps. Would it be better to reset these all to 0%. Just a thought.

1 Like

Hi Floria, I don’t think you have done anything wrong, but there is of course the issue with new items inheriting the percentage of the original cloze, whatever that may be. I always try to be on the lookout when creating new items, but I sometimes forget.

BTW, I appreciate your collection!

2 Likes

I would imagine that once one has started playing a collection, one’s percentages take on their own lives, so I don’t even know whether what you do now has any effect on the shared collection. I think only @mike can tell for sure.

Morbrorper, thanks for your appreciation. It was all a bit nerve-racking at the start but next time I add anything, I’ll check the percentages. Hmm, interesting. Have a good day!

1 Like

Thanks for the post @morbrorper and thanks @Floria7 for creating the collection! :slight_smile:

I would imagine that once one has started playing a collection, one’s percentages take on their own lives, so I don’t even know whether what you do now has any effect on the shared collection.

This is correct :+1:

The original thought was that there should always be sentence available to play, so once you reach the end of new sentences and sentences ready for review, you start getting sentences not yet ready for review but in the order that they’ll become ready for review. This now seems like not the best approach. A better approach is likely showing a notification that there are no more new sentences / sentences ready for review. Curious to hear if you have any thoughts.

2 Likes

Hi Mike. I’ll leave this one for morbrorper to answer as I’m not yet up to speed with what works best. If I need to tweak my Collection in any way, more than happy to take advice. Best regards… Floria7

2 Likes

I understand the reasoning behind the current behavior, but it works a bit contrary to one’s expectations with regard to the percentages, that’s all.

Perhaps a notification would work, saying there are no sentences up for review, and then one could play all sentences without affecting the percentages. Isn’t that how Favorites works?

I’m still waiting for a resolution to this issue. It makes me hold off playing my collections for practice, as it messes up the progress score.

I haven’t used this mechanism yet myself (playing sentences not yet ready for review when the collection has been entirely played already), however I like the idea of it. I see it as a way to review sentences of a collection when it suits you, without putting it entirely back to 0%.

What I mean is, I don’t like it that sometimes you’d like to review a collection you’ve entirely mastered but Clozemaster says “no, in virtue of the holy spaced repetition algorithm, you are denied the right to do so, and you must wait until my command (maybe in a month)”.

But again, I never used this myself, as so far I keep learning new words and hardly come back to old stuff without Clozemaster asking me too. So maybe it’s not useful.