Life after the Fluency Fast Track... suggestions?

So I’m looking for ideas from users of Clozemaster, or from the very helpful staff too, for that matter.

I’m dogged enough to finish (and master) all the Fluency Fast Track sentences of my first language here, and am looking for more to do, because, well, I’m not fluent yet. And I have also just finished all the grammar examples given… and i have done a few of the Cloze Reading examples, but as i have noted elsewhere, i find that section very antiseptic, possibly too easy, and not very appealing.

What’s the best thing to do next?

I copied a ton of sentences into my “favourites” section, and i am doing a few of those every day to keep my streak alive . But frankly, these aren’t particularly challenging either, and somehow the 4 points i get for a right answer doesn’t seem too motivating after i have been accustomed to at least 8, and sometimes as much as 32 for review examples. I know it’s not about the points, but it’s hard to beat the addiction…

Cheers, thanks in advance…

1 Like

Jump into actually using the language - watch/listen/read in your target language and, start speaking with natives - that’s the point, right?

You’re right, of course. But not always possible everywhere,especially for the less common languages.

Well, I can’t justify the pro fee now. Bye…

I feel the same as you, Romanophile. I have a pro subscription but doubt I’ll keep it once I finish the French Fast Track, unless new features are introduced.

1 Like

Actually, what I think I’ll do is set all the easy sentences to never appear again, and change the interval for sentences that are 100% mastered to something much shorter, until I can get the harder ones right using Listening. I still often get lost when there are multiple sentences.

K. Thanks, that’s a suggestion that could work. r

I’ve since realised I can keep playing “All Sentences” (under the + sign below the Fluency Fast Track). That should keep me going for quite some time.

Thanks. Haven’t tried that one (until now). I have been picking the level of difficulty, below the Fast Track plus sign, which gives me more control and has solved most of my problems raised earlier. By way of feedback to Clozemaster, which I do quite like, must say that some of these features and buttons are not totally transparent as to how they function…

Totally agree that the site doesn’t explain itself well. I’ve recommended it to some friends who found it too hard to navigate. I played for a couple of weeks before I understood why I was getting different points for different sentences! A “how it works” section would be helpful. I bet I’d learn some new things from it myself!

1 Like
  1. Try your hand on the Clozemaster web with Cloze Collections. It takes some work but you can load your own words/sentences. The best place is to check Anki for ones that are already made by people, usually it’s pretty high quality stuff.

2. Start having conversations by text or video with people online. Maybe the staff here can create a way for us to be connected to have conversations kind of like the other language websites?

3. Get tutored online or in person. All the Clozemaster, movies, and music can only enhance your comprehension. What it can’t do is improve your actual speaking ability. You need real people to practice in real time how to talk properly.

2 Likes

Just now finished all the words in the “All Sentences” category. As “new” words, anyway. (In Romanian, which has fewer than 12k sentences loaded.) So I will soon have to get serious about importing some words into the system, through Cloze collections, etc!

1 Like

Wow that’s incredible - congrats! :raised_hands: