How to change my Pro subscription to Lifetime subscription?

Is this possible? I haven’t found how to do this even when clicking on my profile. There’s an option to delete the account or not renew my yearly. Suggestions appreciated.

I believe that you have to wait until your subscription ends, and then you can start a new plan.

There was a Reddit post last November at the time of the USA’s Thanksgiving holiday, in which wakawakafoobar (which I believe is the Reddit pseudonym of @mike) said that they don’t currently have the infrastructure in place to switch plans.

Did you write this post because you’ve seen the current sale available to existing free users (i.e. 50% discount until Saturday 13th August)?

For anyone else reading this, the current sale for free users is because the free plan for all users is being restricted to 30 sentences per day per language as of 13th August (and recent new users are already subject to this restriction).

My annual plan is just ending (it should have ended yesterday, but there appears to be some strangeness with my timezone so I’m still Pro), and after it expires I will probably subscribe to the lifetime.

If you originally subscribed with a discount (and hence a perpetual discount for as long as you remain subscribed), then you can write to pro@clozemaster.com and ask if they will give you a coupon code to get a discount for your new plan when it ends. They are very responsive. I did this because my auto-renewal was cancelled by Clozemaster (see this post to understand why this was so) and I received an extremely prompt response.

P.S. It’s pure coincidence that my plan is ending just as the sale for free users is taking place, but it means that it saves @mike and team the need to generate me a special coupon code :joy:

2 Likes

Is there an update on transitioning to a lifetime subscription? Is lifetime still being offered? If so, what is the exact process of going from monthly to lifetime? Do you delete your existing pro account (and lose everything) and then sign up again as lifetime, or what? If lifetime is no longer available, how do you transition to annual from a monthly subscription?

1 Like

The lifetime option is still available for now via the website. We’re not sure how much longer we’ll keep it available - there are some features we’re considering building that incur monthly costs, for example custom collection high quality text-to-speech generation, ChatGPT explanations for any/every sentence, etc., where a subscription starts to make more sense from a perspective of trying to keep the business side of things going smoothly. That said perhaps we’ll introduce a separate subscription for those specific features.

In any case, the process at the moment is to turn off auto-renew for your current subscription, let it expire, and then purchase the lifetime option. You won’t lose any of your progress or anything like that, you’ll just lose access to the Pro features in the time between your current subscription expiring and purchasing lifetime. If you run into any issues please email hello@clozemaster.com.

Thanks for the continued support!

I would be very unhappy to see the lifetime subscription option taken away. First of all, it works the best for me, and I’d hate to have to go back to worrying about when my subscription ended, or for others to have to do the same. Secondly, “lifetime” is effectively a promise, one that people were counting on when they decided whether to purchase this kind of subscription. I can’t imagine that refunding their/our fees, either partially or fully, would make either you or them/us happy. Thirdly, the ongoing costs are for features that I wouldn’t want to use: I am definitely not interested in ChatGPT explanations, and I’m skeptical that even “high quality” text-to-speech would be as good as speech produced by humans. I would hope that there would indeed be a separate subscription for those features.

Sorry for the misunderstanding! To be clear/precise - if you’ve purchased lifetime, you have lifetime access to Pro.

I simply meant we might stop making it an available option to people who don’t yet have Pro, leaving just the subscription options. We may indeed go with a separate “add-on” type of subscription for some of these new features if we move forward with them since they really would be add-ons and may not be appealing or helpful for everyone like you mentioned (and I’ll be curious to get your input on some of the latest text-to-speech technology, moreover I meant being able to generate text-to-speech for custom collections where currently only browser/device text-to-speech is used).

I hope that clarifies my initial reply above. Please let me know of course if there’s anything I missed and sorry again for the confusion!

1 Like

Ah. That makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

If the new TTS technology can provide better intonation and prosody along with more accurate pronunciation, that’s great. At this point, I mostly use custom collections so that I can choose sentences with the words I want to learn. The only audio available to me (outside Cloze-Listening, which is only an option for two of the three languages I’m learning) is TTS, and it’s not good enough for my purposes.

thanks bro dfsdfsdsdafsadfsadfafdsa

1 Like