How to add translations to Tatoeba

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere. How do I suggest an alternate (perhaps better) translation to a particular sentence Tatoeaba? Do I add a comment to the sentence page for the sentence owner to see and add?

Some instruction on this might be helpful in the flag translation window as well as I find the Tatoeba layout / structure a bit confounding.

2 Likes

In order to do any of the following operations, you need to be registered at Tatoeba. I assume you are.

You can:

• add a translation yourself (assuming you have a very high level in the language in which you’re adding the translation) by clicking on the “translate” icon (a Japanese character plus a letter “A”) above the sentence
  • add a comment to the original translation (especially if you think there’s something wrong with it as a sentence, or as a translation)
  • add a tag like “@change” or “@check” (though this requires advanced contributor status)

Tatoeba has help links at the bottom of every page. If those don’t tell you what you need to know, just tell me.

2 Likes

Thank you @alanf_us – the translate icon is so subtle. It was right there all along. D’oh.

2 Likes

It’s kind of addicting once you start adding translations. :grin:

3 Likes