Grey Screen

Weirdly, I suddenly cannot play Icelandic at the 20,000 level. I get an error message followed by a grey screen of death, which forces me to restart the app. I’m on iOS/iPhone SE. I can still successfully review on that level. 50,000 does not fail. I tried deleting the app & reinstalling to no avail.

2 Likes

@mike Here’s a screenshot after trying to play.

2 Likes

Is this not a bug @mike ? It is happening on another collection now too. #bug-reports:ios-bugs

2 Likes

@ancestorsfound sorry for the slow reply! Yep that sounds like a bug :bug: thanks for posting. To be sure:

1. You tap Play for 20,000 Most Common.
  2. You see the round results screenshot you posted above.
  3. You tap next round.
  4. Grey screen of death / the app crashes.

Does that sound right?

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. Thank you!

1 Like

This problem still remains. I’m in Icelandic with 988 out 998 mastered and I cannot complete the level.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me and sorry for the continued issue! Might you have the collection downloaded? If so could you please try deleting + re-downloading?

1 Like

I did not have 20,000 collection downloaded, so can’t delete.

Also, I JUST tried to review FFT from the Review menu and it went Ta Da and crashed out.

1 Like

But wait, there’s more… I deleted the app and re-added and the offending FFT reviews vanished.

1 Like

:thinking: so does it work now? :slight_smile: Do you recall if the FFT was downloaded?

1 Like

I did download FFT last week, but of course when I deleted and reinstalled the app, that went away. I’m starting to grasp that downloading is more trouble than its worth.

P.S. My streaks are out of synch again, probably blame the download. Could you reset when you get a chance? Thank you so much.

1 Like

@mike I don’t want to open a new thread but gremlins are multiplying! I just tried to play 50,000s in Icelandic in iOS on iPhone. I’ve mastered 1,279 of 1,520 but it will not let me play this level. I set to play 50, and when I hit Play it goes straight to Ta Da. I don’t think I’ve done anything unusual…

1 Like

Sorry about all this and thanks for the follow ups! Might you be able to perform the action that causes the app to crash again and let me know roughly what time it was so I can be sure I’m looking at the right events in our logs? To be sure, with the downloads - are you seeing / tapping the orange “Sync” button after playing offline?

Your streak should be all set - please let us know if you notice any further issues here.

I think what might’ve happened here is that, even though you’ve mastered 1,279/1,520, none were actually ready for review, and it looks like you’ve played through all the sentences, 1,520/1,520, so there were no more new sentences either, so there was nothing to play. We should probably update things so that a message explaining that is shown, rather than simply the round ending with nothing having been played.

Please let me know if the above sounds off or anything’s unclear. One thing you can do, and this is a bit of a bug but really just something we need make clearer in the UI, is that you can change your “max reviews per round” to something greater than zero, and that will allow you to play sentences before they’re ready for review for this sort situation. So you’d be able to continue playing and master the remaining sentences, though by playing them before they’re ready for review you’ll also score half the points.

None of this should be this complex or require this much explanation, so thank you again for raising these issues, and my apologies again for all the trouble!

1 Like

Thank you so much for a) resetting my streak, and b) explaining the details on what is happening, along with adjustments I can make.

1 Like