Every time change I lose my streaks.... hehe

Every time change I end up losing my streak for all my languages. :sleepy::joy:

3 Likes

:persevere::angry::sob: My sympathies gizzard123!

3 Likes

Hehe. Thank you, Floria! I like to keep my streaks going, they motivate me. Oh well ā€¦ no big deal. :rofl:

1 Like

Agree. Itā€™s my discipline method. I once lost 355 days on Duo while in Rapallo for Christmas because the WiFi was overcrowded and too slow. Wept, had a gin and tonic, and started all over again. Have an up-cheer of encouragementšŸ™Œ

2 Likes

Yeah, I remember reading about it in some of your posts on Duo. I still have my streak at 2285 on Duo, and even though Iā€™m not as attached to Duo as I used to be, I would hate to lose it. No, the streak on Clozemaster does not bother me since I lost it 2 or 3 times already. :grinning:

3 Likes

Ciao gizzard. Duo 2285, mamma mia, I hadnā€™t realised. Mine is 1682 in reality (including two losses, both in Italy!) although like you I use just 5 mins a day to keep it so and perhaps to irritate a Mod or two;-) Much prefer to be here and already feel very loyal to ClozeM. Good to talk!

3 Likes

OMG, your streaks are awesome. I stopped using Duolingo almost a year ago, I guess.

Now Iā€™m concentrating on CM - my current streak is 128 days, I didnā€™t skip a single day since Iā€™ve started.

3 Likes

Perhaps now we should call it a CMC, a Clozemaster Commitment.:wink: Spending time here every day, for just 10 minutes or lots more, is the way to go!

3 Likes

Which change causes the loss of your CM streak @gizzard123? The daily goal? Or adding/changing a language?

Wow you guys are total DuoLingo streak masters!
In the end I was only staying with DuoLingo to complete the my final missing badge of 1 year streak, but I lost it due to lack of internet access just some 10-14 days or so before completing it, and since I wasnā€™t actually learning anything new and had already discovered ClozeMaster, which I was enjoying far more, I decided to leave it at that for DL.

I lost my CM streak at the same time, but even without it, I would happily keep returning daily :slight_smile: My current one here is still only small, a modest 84 days, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll easily complete a year here with near-daily activity and beyond!

2 Likes

Ciao @sindaco. Iā€™m only in the 200 bracket so we are small potatoes compared to some, but coming back here every day is a real pleasure so @gizzard123 e @_cmns I reckon we will all hit that 365 and celebrate greatly;-)

3 Likes

Hi Sindaco, Yeah, it was the daily streak. I was over 300 days in some of my languages. But thatā€™s ok, Iā€™m over it.

I do find Duolingo valuable, still. Itā€™s boring to learn grammar, but it is valuable. I do like their stories, which I play every day. I find that Clozemaster and Duo really compliment each other very well.

2 Likes

Yeah, Floria, it shouldnā€™t be too hard to hit 365, but Iā€™ll probably lose it again bec. of the time shift. hehe. I like doing Clozemaster late at night, and sometimes just just make it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do please set a reminder somehow. We want to see you hit that 365;-)

2 Likes

This is exactly my issue :joy: Sometimes I donā€™t realise and midnight has already passedā€¦

Yes, I am really needing to improve my grammar, but I wasnā€™t managing to do that on Duolingo either, because all the tenses were concentrated in one ā€œexerciseā€. I know the trick to apply when I know what tense it should be. The problem is knowing how to apply them when I donā€™t get told what tense to enter. Knowing it from the context of the sentence. Really getting a feel for which tense to use when, rather than just seeing ā€œpassato remotoā€ or ā€œsubjunctiveā€ and then knowing how to construct it.

Thatā€™s why I find the cloze approach much more useful for finally mastering this a bit better on my own. Even here, if I go into the grammar collection, most of the collections are again for just one tense, and itā€™s too easy to apply it correctly. I really need to have all the different sentences and tenses mixed together in an exercise to properly start to get a ā€œfeelingā€ for them. Thus I know itā€™ll take much longer, but I know Iā€™ll get the hang of it better over here in the end. Already in these past months, I feel Iā€™m getting a much better feeling for/understanding of it :slight_smile:

The stories seemed a nice touch indeed, though they got brought very late to Italian, and even then are finished in a couple of days. If they could incorporate all the different tenses well, then itā€™d be quite useful again for me. But the collection of stories would still remain quite limited I guess.

1 Like

There is actually a workaround for that: You can choose another timezone in the Settings. I have set mine to ā€œMid-Atlanticā€ (GMT-02), which gives me until three oā€™clock in the morning to finish the last sentences (I am actually in GMT+01). :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah thatā€™s a great solution, thank you! ā€œMid-Atlanticā€ should suit me perfectly too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ciao a sindaco e tutti. Youā€™re so right about using all the tenses. Donā€™t know about you but I find general reading helpful to learn when and how to use them. I want to use the Congiuntivo for everything and often have to rein it in. All good fun.

2 Likes

Yes, I am trying to do more reading, already doing a lot of listening. (I had already procured I tacchini, but have not yet managed a copy of Ora dimmi, so have postponed getting started on the former).

Same! :smiley: Anyway, still very much enjoying the journey. Little by little we travel forwards, even if sometimes taking a small step backwards once in a while along the way.

1 Like

@sindaco I love ā€œI tacchiniā€ and would enjoy reading it ā€œwithā€ another. I re-read the first story last weekend. I was dubious as hunting animals doesnā€™t sit well with me, so I was delighted to find that the hare had the last laugh. A sensitive and kindly Camilleri. Donā€™t worry about ā€œOra dimmiā€ if you canā€™t get it. Itā€™s just an option.

2 Likes

Wow! That is smart!!! :grinning::+1:

2 Likes