Eventually I'll finish

Hey guys, my review intervals currently are 1, 7, 30, 180 - for both eng/spa and spa/eng pairs. And I also use the Hard/Normal/Easy buttons.

In both pairs I do the ‘hard mode’, the most commom words. And that’s such a looooong way, but who cares? That’s funny :sweat_smile:

The words repeat a lot (mainly if you study the words sequentially > more to less frequent words), so I prefer to let my intervals longer.

4 Likes

Hi clovis.noronha. Interesting. I sometimes look at how far I’ve got to go to the end, and then I remember I’m really in no rush to get to the end.

How do you all feel about Text Input as opposed to Multiple Choice? I tend to mix it up a little as I like the way both methods test you. Happy learning!

4 Likes

Hello Floria7. Patience is required to approach Clozemaster :slight_smile:

I mix them up, too. Until the last couple of days I was learning 50 sentences/day (Skill: vocabulary; mode: multiple choice) and 150 reviews (Skill: listening; mode: text input).

Now I changed a little bit: 100 new sentences/day (Skill: vocabulary; mode: multiple choice), 100 reviews (Skill: listening; mode: text input) + 100 reviews (Skill: vocabulary; mode: multiple choice).
And I try to let my review pile manageable (about 300 words or less).

How about you? What works best for you?
Happy learning :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve started using multiple choice almost exlusively. Well, technically I play text input, but instead of entering the word, I decide on my answer and only then do I look at the choices and choose the right one. If my guess was correct I go on. If it wasn’t, I will adjust the progress percentage as I see fit.

I find this method quicker, and it keeps me from guessing by using the color hints. I might be losing some progress points, but I’m not here for the points.

3 Likes

Hi morbrorper Agree. I use a tablet most of the time and as a very fast keyboard typist it’s much easier and more accurate to do Multiple choice exactly as you do, specially as I tap while eating lunch or dinner, sometimes while half asleep at breakfast.

Agree wholeheartedly about points :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi clovis.noronha. Much as morbrorper. I started Cloze by pounding out piles of words and notching up hundreds of reviews. Panic! Began to concentrate more on keeping up than learning. So changed my review times as per giuseppeBG’s suggestion (3, 7, 14, 28, 60) and use mostly Multiple with a touch of Text.

Have now settled into a very happy rhythm and learning so much more. Just love this site, I should have crossed over sooner.

5 Likes

I tried your method, but often happens that before my mind thinks the answer my eyes see the multiple choise :smiley:

4 Likes

To avoid the temptation, I start out with text input so I don’t see the choices until I actively ask to have them displayed :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Current Update:

Spanish is my main focus, with German being second… we’re in it for the long haul! I plan on completing all of Spanish eventually. My review intervals are F@#$ED lol

4 Likes

Just started. Eventually I’ll finish one day too.

5 Likes

Willkommen! Viel Glück, aber vor allem: viel Spaß!

4 Likes

Benvenuto @Andrewj1981! Have a great time here, it’s the best, and don’t worry about finishing.

I’ll copy Sindaco here, “Willkommen!”

Floria7.

4 Likes

@Andrewj1981: it’s all a process…have fun!

5 Likes