App crashes occasionally

Although I am generally pleased with version 2.5.4, I get the impression that it crashes more often than before, not often enough to be a problem, but still an unwelcome interruption. I can’t find a pattern to it - all of a sudden the app just quits. Fortunately it works again after a restart.

1 Like

It is getting worse! Today the app constantly crashes after just one or two review sentences in the Italian from English FFT.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know! You mentioned version 2.5.4 above - just want to make sure you’re using 2.6.4 which is the latest version for Android at the moment. Aside from that - what device are you using?

1 Like

No crashes so far using 2.6.4, but it is still early days. My device is a “moto g7 power” on Android 9.

1 Like

I had my first crash using 2.6.4 a few hours ago. It happened after finishing a review sentence, can’t recall whether it was before or after the audio. That was after playing maybe a hundred sentences in a few different courses, which I think is a positive sign nevertheless.

1 Like

After a few days using 2.6.4, I can say it feels a whole lot more stable.

I have found one way to consistently hang the app: Go offline and play all the review sentences for one course until there are none left. You will see an error message about not being able to load progress data. After the message is acknowledged the app will go blank and will have to be restarted.

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know! This should be fixed in version 2.6.5 for Android. Please let us know if you’re still seeing the issue.

2 Likes

Sorry, but the app, version. 2.6.5, still goes blank after playing the last review sentence offline.

1 Like

While version 2.6.6 in general seems quite stable, it still consistently goes blank after playing the last review sentence offline.

1 Like

I am now only rarely seeing the app crashing, so rarely that I cannot see a pattern behind it.

1 Like

After not having seen any crashes for quite some time, I have today had the Android app vanish under my feet three times, each time just after I had answered a cloze. I wonder whether a connection issue may be the underlying reason.

I am on version, 2.6.7.1, which seems to be the latest available. I’m wondering whether there a planned update to look forward to, since there are a few reported issues that are still bugging me.

1 Like