Adding hints has stopped working

I find that adding hints is no longer working; the added hints are not saved. It still seems possible to edit existing hints, though.

I think it’s a recent regression, but it’s hard to tell exactly. I only spotted the bug by coincidence, when I was wondering why my recently-added hints weren’t showing.

How to reproduce:

1. Add a hint to a cloze, in the Edit popover.
  2. Re-edit the cloze.

Expected behavior: you should be able to see the hint you just added.
Current behavior: the hint field is blank.

@mike This is a serious regression that hinders my workflow. I put down quite some energy finding synonyms for my hints, which is now wasted.

2 Likes

Thanks for the bug report and sorry for the trouble! For which collection or collections are you seeing the issue?

1 Like

I can’t see that it’s related to a specific collection. I have seen it in all the language pairings I’m currently playing: Italian from English, Spanish from English and Spanish from Swedish.

Added: Seeing which collection is affected is actually a bit complicated, in Review All. ;(

Thanks for the reply! It seems to only be affecting custom collections. We should be able to get a fix up today.

2 Likes

This issue should now be fixed. Please let us know of course if you’re still seeing it!

4 Likes