English Translation
If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.
Was? Ich verstehe weder den deutschen noch den englischen Satz nicht.
If I could rearrange the alphabet, I would put U and I together.
Was? Ich verstehe weder den deutschen noch den englischen Satz nicht.
The English sentence is romantic - U and I → you and I.
For the German sentence, someone on Tatoeba made up a completely different play on words around the fact that Kuh is a homophone of “Q” in German.
See the long discussion at the bottom of the German sentence -
Wenn ich das Alphabet neu ordnen könnte, würde ich die Kuh rausnehmen. - German example sentence - Tatoeba
Good post, zzcguns. As with misbach2194, this sentence went completely over my head. lol
The original creator is a native German speaker from Austria with a very solid reputation. He probably pronounces words like “gultig” and “fertig” with a hard K sound. Most Austrians do…