Tutti gusti sono gusti.

It seems not the right translation. Should it not be Tutti i gusti sono in natura.

1 Like

Hi, here on the forums we can’t see the translated sentence, so I’m wondering if it is possible you are doing Italian from French perhaps?

At least, that’s what I’d guess from the translations provided on Tatoeba for this sentence (which was provided by a native Italian speaker, as you can see from their profile), combined with your expected translation (“Tous les goûts sont dans la nature.”)?
https://tatoeba.org/eng/sentences/show/4577

It seems to be an idiomatic expression, the gist of which seems to be “There’s no point arguing over tastes/preferences”, as in “Everyone will have their own taste”, so it’s not going to be a literal translation, which for this would seem to correspond to “All tastes are tastes”.

2 Likes

Ciao a tutti! I seem to think it should read “Tutti i gusti…” - “There’s no accounting for tastes!” “One man’s meat is another man’s poison” etc. Because it is an idiomatic expression, perhaps the “i” is left out for convenience.

Aspettiamo eh!

2 Likes

I would’ve expected the same indeed, but indeed, given that it’s an idiomatic expression, it probably is an exception.

2 Likes

Ciao @sindaco. Una buona discussione per Italianduo club;-)

1 Like