What’re you going to do this weekend?
Tip: どうするんだい? is a highly colloquial expression mostly used by male speakers, or by old people (including female) throwing a question to juniors.
- 週末はどうするのですか？ (formal and polite)
- 週末はどうするんですか？ (casual and polite – e.g. asking to your boss)
- 週末はどうするんだ？ (casual and blunt – e.g. your boss indirectly asks you to work this weekend due to your poor performance)
- 週末はどうするんだい？ (casual and friendly – e.g. question between close friends, or question from mom to her kid)
- 週末はどうするん？ (super casual and quasi-dialect in West Japan)