Ti spiace tagliare a pezzi la bistecca?

English Translation

Do you mind cutting up the steak?

Doesn’t this sound a tad negative?

3 Likes

I suppose it all depends on the size of one’s steak and one’s dexterity with il coltello;-)

3 Likes

Maybe it’s also a good choice of words if you’re asking a vegetarian?

2 Likes

Or if you’re working with Gino D’Acampo, Zilli or Giorgio (Locatelli) in cucina and you’re not sure whether to chop or not to chop;-)

3 Likes

When I was looking for this sentence to listen to I thought why not make a direct reference to the sound , like a CM feature? Maybe I am doing it some cumbersome way but first I have to find the exact sentence being discussed only then I can listen to it. Should it be better? Just the speaker icon next to the sentence to hear it?

3 Likes

I usually Search just the main word and up pop all the sentences. Not a bad idea though.
Auguri!

2 Likes

I’ve been hoping for the same feature too! Not that it’s hugely cumbersome to search for the sentence in the sentence collection, and listen to it there (especially since I tend to use the strategy @Floria7 mentioned, of just looking for the main word, and then comparing the pronunciation across the different sentences it turns up), but it would indeed be nice to have it easily accessible here.

I can imagine there might perhaps be some linking issues though if we report errors in the pronunciation, which are then corrected at a later point, with the pronunciation here potentially still linking to the old version. But I guess since that shouldn’t affect too many sentences, and perhaps if it were included in a similar way as the sentence translation, it could still include an “updated” version, when commenting after a correction.

2 Likes

I tend to Search in questo modo because it brings up several sentences so you get more help than you expected. Nice!