Sognare con il miele è molto diverso che sognare con le api.

English Translation

Dreaming with honey is very different than dreaming with bees.

The English sentence has been corrected on Tatoeba to “dreaming of” (both times).

However, my main interest was to discover if this was some sort of expression, and in which language, and what it might mean (besides the obvious of them indeed being quite different things, especially for those who aren’t too keen on bees).

The sentence seems to have been originally added in Spanish by a Chilean person, but a quick internet search did not manage to reveal any obvious expression or saying, just lots of pages about literal interpretations of “What can it mean when honey/bees appear in your dreams?”.

1 Like

@sindaco I googled Sognare con il mele etc…and found lots of interesting info about wealth and the pleasures of love, both material and emotional.

Mille grazie for pushing me to find out more instead of just accepting it.

1 Like
English Translation

Dreaming with honey is very different than dreaming with bees.

If you use Google to translate “Dreaming of honey is very different from dreaming of bees,” you get “Soñar con miel es muy diferente a soñar con abejas.” If you then translate that into Italian, you get our sentence. If you translate it directly from English, you get,.“Dreaming of honey is very different from dreaming of bees.” I think someone is playing a game of telephone.

2 Likes

So what would the correct Italian translation be? “Sognare il miele è molto diverso che sognare le api”?

1 Like

@morbrorper yes, your proposed solution works.
You may also say “Sognare miele è diverso dal sognare api” or “Sognare di miele è diverso dal sognare di api”.

In this case “di” would best be translated with “about”.

3 Likes

I would endorse the idea that we are talking about dreaming about bees or honey. And if you are into dream interpretation (I’m skeptical) there is this discussion of this exact subject: Sognare le api: ecco cosa significa | DonnaD

1 Like

Great article. Definitely better than sognare con i pesci!:man_detective: