Președintele Barack Obama a lăudat Polonia ca un bun exemplu pentru democrațiile aspirante din Orientul Mijlociu sau din altă parte.

Some of these phrases are really ancient history, aren’t they?

(I should post this over on the Polish language board where it might have more traction.)

Lol - I laugh at some of the phrases, though I’ve also learned some interesting political, historical and geographical trivia from some. I felt compelled to google some to find out if they were made up or not! So far it’s all been legit lol

1 Like

[details=“English Translation”]President Barack Obama praised Poland as an example for aspiring democracies in the Middle East and elsewhere.[/details]Yep. And, as time passes, things change again. Poland is back in the West’s good books as it has responded well to refugees from Ukraine.

Though, they (Poland/Europe as a whole) took a military hardline response for refugees from the Middle East and Afghanistan. The geopolitics of US/Russian proxy wars notwithstanding, it is difficult not to see the hypocrisy involved.

Nonetheless, I realise we’re diverging from language discussion itself.

I’m looking to travel to Romania next month, will have to see how well I do in immersion!

I think I’m going to have to cancel my October plans for Moscow and St. Petersburg though. Something tells me 2022 may not be the best year for such a vacation…

Immersion! That’s heavy duty…I’ve done a couple of French immersion programs, about 40 years ago… but not Romanian. There was one Romanian program, in Sibiu if I recall, that looked interesting. All the best and I’d be interested to hear how it goes…

Oh, I’m just going on vacation, not any formal immersion study. Just gonna wander about Bucharest and Constanza and see how I do.

Will see if all the work on Clozemaster pays off, lol! At the very least I’ll get some exposure and will pick up some books, not to mention enjoy the sites and the food!

Okay, that makes more sense! I’d like to go to… and hope to next year perhaps. Have a good trip!

Heya!

Well, I didn’t make it to Constanta. I did make it to Brasov though. Ended up catching covid so most of my vacation was chilling in an apartment watching Romanian TV, lol.

It was a good trip though - although I didn’t find my Romanian was anywhere as fluent as I’d hoped. Planning a return trip next year though, I’m certainly more motivated than before to be better with Romanian!

Too bad about COVID and Constanta. I fear my Romanian would be much the same…. But I shouldn’t hold back….

1 Like