Newbie question about sentence edits

If I add edits to a sentence (Translation, Pronunciation, Notes, Hint or Alternative answers), are they all only visible to me? I have been hesitant because I didn’t know if I would be triggering some sort of review or if it pops up as a comment in the discussion board.

2 Likes

Hello Dac,
the changes do only occur for ouy (your account).
Shared Collections might be an exception, I haven’t used them so far.

Markus

2 Likes

Thanks, Markus … that’s what I was hoping

2 Likes

Thanks for asking that. I have corrected one or two and was a bit worried about appearing “know-it-all”. Best to you.

2 Likes

That’s a question that I had been intending to ask as well. If there is something that I know is wrong (rare, but it happens), or something which is missing an alternative translation, I flag it rather than just correcting it and let Mike and the (System) Mechanics take care of it.

I do the same with pronunciation, in part because I wouldn’t have a clue how to change that anyway.

Ciao LuciusVorenusX - thanks, that’s a better idea. Now to discover the flagging option. Have a good week. F.

1 Like

That is a good idea. Thanks @LuciusVorenusX.

The main thing that I want to do is to put an alternative (although I am not sure how/if that alternative is used yet). I find that for many sentences, the translation is unnecessarily colloquial when the literal translation would have been perfectly fine. Of course, I am referring to translations into English. That may not be the case with other languages.

1 Like

Hi dac573. “Call the cops!” and “Hi buddy!” are real cute favourites :smiley:

1 Like

HI @Floria7 … Yes. There are a few that make me chuckle!

2 Likes

It’s certainly helpful to change the sentences into something YOU understand.

I can’t think of many examples right now, one being:

Ladybird (Ladybug here in the US) = la mariquita in Spanish.

I didn’t know what a ladybird was!

-jordan

1 Like