Loro non mi vedranno senza un appuntamento.

English Translation

They won’t see me without an appointment.

I think the English means “they don’t want to see me”,“they refuse to see me”, right? In that case I take it the Italian translation would be different.

2 Likes

Ciao @system I think the English translation “They will not/they won’t see me without an appointment” is correct. I don’t see it as “They don’t want to…” or “They refuse to” - both these are a bit too strong unless, of course, the receptionist is in a bad mood!

Auguri eh!

3 Likes

Just a note to say that, in the context of visiting someone, like for example a professional for their service, we use “ricevere”, not “vedere”.

So it would be more natural to say “Non mi riceveranno senza appuntamento”.

4 Likes

Many thanks @mike-lima Somehow vedranno didn’t seem right.

Your help is appreciated come sempre.

1 Like

I wrote from the viewpoint that the English sentence was the original, with won’t expressing habit, not future tense. But then, of course, I’m not a native speaker.

Yes, I’ll come clean: yesterday Clozemaster chose to assign me the “system” alias. System failure? :wink:

4 Likes

Ah ha. I thort it was a rather odd profile. As long as you are still our friend Morbrorper;-)

2 Likes

It is probably the ultimate recognition when the system acknowledges you as its peer.
I see a red eye glowing with delight …

4 Likes