Kobieta może nie zauważyć setki rzeczy, które dla niej zrobiłeś, ale zauważy tą jedną, której nie ci się nie udało.

English Translation

A woman is capable of failing to notice the hundred things that you’ve done her, and to address only the one that you haven’t.

is this a common usage of the double negative in polish? I have encountered it many times, but never quite like this. In my mind, I would certainly say “która ci się nie udało”, but not “której nie ci się nie udało”

ChatGPT tells me this acts as a sort of intensifier, much like your typical double (and triple, quadruple, etc…) negation. Can anyone confirm this?

Not really. This seems to be a typo in the sentence.

The first “nie” shouldn’t be there, so the last part of the sentence should be “której ci się nie udało”.

Right, it would obviously still have to be której, and not która. Thank you very much for the clarification. I have to remind myself now and then that, even though ChatGPT can be an immensely useful tool to guide you through language learning, it can sometimes “hallucinate” explanations that aren’t really based in real facts and just sort of straight up makes up things for the sake of having a coherent and fluid response.