Gagasan yang menyebutkan bahwa di dunia ini terdapat manusia kelas tinggi dan manusia kelas rendah bisa ditemukan pada karangan para perempuan. Manusia yang memiliki gagasan seperti itu adalah manusia kelas rendah.

I’ve seen some very bad sentences on Clozemaster, but I think this one takes the cake. Demonstratively false, classist, AND misogynistic.

2 Likes

I don’t want to attack Indonesia, but it should change a lot in these aspects.

I haven’t found this pharse in tatoeba. I guess it has been deleted, luckily.

@Adrianxu I’m afraid you overlooked. Tatoeba still has these sentences.
The Japanese sentence was created first. And then, both the English and the Indonesian authors misinterpreted it and translated in English and Indonesian in such a misogynistic way.
FYI: Japanese is my native language.

The original Japanese sentence is:

世の中には高級な人間と低級な人間が存在している、そんな考えが彼女のエッセイからはうかがえる。そのような考えは低級な人間の物だ。

The word-for-word translation would be:

I can feel from her essay that she has an idea that “there are two kinds of human beings; the upper class and lower class”. However, only a mean person has such a terrible idea.

Apparently, the Japanese sentence doesn’t generalize women in a misogynistic way at all. Rather, it criticizes the misogynistic way of thinking of a particular female essay writer (= her, not a woman or women).

However, the English translation posted on Tatoeba is:

The notion of upper-class and lower-class among humans in this world is a topic likely to be found in a woman’s essay. Anyone who thinks that falls in the lower-class category of humans.

WHAT???

1 Like