Bold weight affects legibility of Chinese characters

When using Clozemaster on a desktop browser, a bold weight is applied to the multiple choice answers.

Unfortunately, the legibility of Chinese characters is affected by the bold weight. This is especially true for traditional Chinese characters which often have more strokes and finer details.

Here is a comparison of the bold and regular weights on a Cantonese multiple choice question. To get the regular weight I used Chrome’s element editor to change the CSS properties of the button.

I would love to have the option to disable the bold weight on Chinese fonts. Perhaps it even makes sense to disable bold weight for all Chinese languages.

font-weight: bold
was changed to
font-weight: normal

1 Like

I should mention that I already have a workaround using Stylebot to override the default CSS style. Perhaps it still makes sense to change the weight to normal by default so that users don’t need to do this (I doubt that most users would even know how to do this).

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for your message! Thanks for letting us know how the bold weight affects the legibility of the Chinese characters. We’re working on a bunch of cool features at the moment, but I’ve opened a ticket with the dev team so we can add it to our to-do list. If you have any other feature requests or there’s anything else we might do to improve Clozemaster, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Thank you again and happy playing!

Georgiana @Clozemaster

Good point! Disabled the bold font in the multiple choice answers for all Chinese languages. Anything else we can do to improve Clozemaster please be sure to let us know. Thanks!

Thanks so much! I’m really impressed with how quickly this was resolved

1 Like

I’m still seeing bold font for Cantonese multiple choice questions

This should now be resolved as well. Anything else please be sure to let me know. Thanks again!