Apple io17 software update improves Clozemaster experience

For people working on their iPhones in “popular” languages, like French, the accents system worked well enough. Pressing the a or the e key would reveal the accents you need.

But working in Romanian, there were some accents, like î, but not the ă needed for just a good chunk of verbs and adjectives; or other frequently used symbols such as ț or ș . Until this week’s io17 upgrade.

So I’m sure Apple didn’t do it for the massive Romanian-speaking world, but they have perhaps inadvertently improved the utility of the mobile version of Clozemaster for me.

2 Likes

I noticed sometimes it wouldn’t pick all the Romanian accents right… for example “broască țestoasă” there was something with the “ț” - for whatever reason the character used in the sentence wasn’t the same as the character on the iPhone keyboard - even if it looked like it. Must have come from a different language’s alphabet (Turkish?) but for whatever reason they were seen as not the same. Do you know if this got fixed too?

V

Good Q. The iPhone update has both versions, meaning that Romanians can have their ș, and that other language their ş. Which is good.

Now, this doesn’t fix what I recall to be a problem that the full keyboard version of Clozemaster had (in my view, improperly) some of the non-Romanian ş keyed into the Romanian Clozes we were meant to input. Perhaps that problem has already been fixed as I don’t recall running into it lately.