Anyone else have success with uploading a CSV file?

We now have an option to upload a CSV file to our Cloze-collections but I can’t get it to work. I got it to upload a list of 1 sentence in the 5-column format, so I used that file as a template. But all other attempts using either the 5-column or 4-column format have resulted in an error message saying there was a problem uploading the text. I get this with every CSV files I’ve create based on my template that does work. If I add any more sentences to the template at all, I get an error message when I try to upload it. It’s kind of pointless to create CSV file if all I can do is upload one sentence at a time. :frowning_face:

I’ve used both LibreOffice Calc and Notepad to create my CSV files. Anyone have any tips to get a successful upload?

1 Like

Sorry for the trouble! If you’d like to post or email us your CSV we can take a look and figure out the issue.

1 Like

I’m running into the same problem. I’ve racked my brain trying a bunch of different things, but I can’t seem to get it to accept anything. Things I’ve tried:

“爱因斯坦最大的贡献是创立了相对论。”,“The theory of relativity was Einstein’s greatest contribution.”,贡献,“Àiyīnsītǎn zuì dà de gòngxiàn shì chuànglì le xiāngduìlùn.”

“爱因斯坦最大的{{贡献}}是创立了相对论。”,“The theory of relativity was Einstein’s greatest contribution.”,贡献,“Àiyīnsītǎn zuì dà de gòngxiàn shì chuànglì le xiāngduìlùn.”,""

“爱因斯坦最大的贡献是创立了相对论。”*,“The theory of relativity was Einstein’s greatest contribution.”,贡献,“Àiyīnsītǎn zuì dà de gòngxiàn shì chuànglì le xiāngduìlùn.”,""

“爱因斯坦最大的贡献是创立了相对论。”,“The theory of relativity was Einstein’s greatest contribution.”,贡献,“Àiyīnsītǎn zuì dà de gòngxiàn shì chuànglì le xiāngduìlùn.”

“爱因斯坦最大的贡献是创立了相对论。”,“The theory of relativity was Einstein’s greatest contribution.”,贡献,“Àiyīnsītǎn zuì dà de gòngxiàn shì chuànglì le xiāngduìlùn.”,""

“爱因斯坦最大的贡献是创立了相对论。”,“The theory of relativity was Einstein’s greatest contribution.”,“贡献”,“Àiyīnsītǎn zuì dà de gòngxiàn shì chuànglì le xiāngduìlùn.”,""

All fail, even with a single line. (They fail in a two line file in the same formats as well.) Can anyone post an example of a sentence that has worked?

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the trouble! How do you mean they’re failing? Are you seeing an error message? If so might you be able to post a screenshot, or send a link to the file you’re trying to upload?

I just tried pasting that first line into a CSV file and it seemed to upload as expected. Here’s the file I tried, and here’s a video of the steps I followed.

Thanks for any further info! We’ll get it figured out.

1 Like

Got it. Apparently the file extension for the text file has to be .csv or it won’t recognize it. I was just doing it in notepad++ and didn’t bother to set a file extension. Identical file loads if given a .csv file extension.

So, can you upload more than one sentence at a time or not? I can do one sentence, but more than that and I get an error message. The video you posted is of uploading one sentence.

OK. Figured out my own issue. You can upload more than one sentence, just make sure you don’t have anything lingering down at the bottom of your excel sheet or it will cause an error.

Thanks for the follow up! Might you be able to send us the CSV that was originally giving you an error? We should be able to update the import to handle it.