Finishing?

When I play the new sentence in play skill “listening” and mode "transcribe (hard), I hear the sentence first without reading it. First I do my translation ( crucial step!) then I open the sentence to type in what I heard, if I got it right ,checked the translation, understood absolutely everything, have absolutely no questions- I do not want to see it again. I mark the “check mark” under it, the system changes it for me from 0% to a 100%, gives me the date of the next review 2122-11-14 and I am ready to see the new sentence. I do have my 100% set to “never”.

It is probably a question for @mike why I keep getting the same questions I already 100%ted. My slight suspicion is - I do not go the 25% , 50%, 75% steps as the program intends, and CM still "wants " me to see those sentences. The proof is in my daily statistics - I have no mastered sentences at all. But I know what I know. Not the machine. And sometimes it drives me nuts to see what I already know again and again. What I need is a clear cut - 100% - means not again on my screen ever. (On the main screen, to the left of it, it does keep a rolling score of mastered daily).

1 Like

I wonder, is your 100% review screen set to 100% only and not the “easy hard…” parts? My reviews are now in the 2000’s so I can’t help much. Learning a lot tho.

Incidentally when I click on Known (100%) I always get a note Next review 28148 days.

Hi, Floria7. The review screen for a 100% mastered can only be set to any given number of days up to 365 to “never” at the very end of the choices there. Mine is “never” for a 100%. The “easy, hard parts” still show up because 25%, 50% and 75% have their corresponding ranges of dates to review. But those are in very minute numbers in my review chart because I treat my new sentences as either I know or I don’t know. Bad behaving sentence gets set to 0% mastered until known and then 100%. My main problem is with the known sentences I already 100% and they still show up.

2 Likes